Friday, January 2, 2015

New year, new blog, new resolutions

I've always been terrible at blogging. I have grand visions at the beginning of the year, but they fade pretty quickly. This year, though, is going to be a bit different.

I was informed in early December 2014 that I would be laid off from my current office position at the end of January 2015. Thanks to a severance package, and a bonus for sticking around through January, I'll basically be paid through mid-April 2015. I am currently applying for a new job, and will continue to do so after January. Historically, it's taken me about three months of applying to jobs before I find a new one, so I'll likely have some time on my hands in February and March, so I'll have time to plan my garden for the year (as well as a myriad of other things).

Here are my 2015 resolutions, so far:

  1. Actually research and plan an amazing garden this year, ON TIME.
  2. Start with seeds, indoors (thanks to the grow lamp I got from Freecycle).
  3. Learn more about the wild plants and trees in our area.
  4. Learn more about the wild birds and animals in our area.
  5. Go hiking at least three times a month.
  6. Knit more.
  7. Grow more flowers, inside and out.
  8. Smile more.
  9. Get my partner to smile more.
My plan is to use this blog to hold myself accountable for these resolutions. I'll post about my garden plans, my adventures in starting seeds indoors, and the wild plants and animals I see along the path on my hiking trips. Occasionally I'll post about a current knitting project, or silly little things that helped me smile on a given day. Everyone needs to smile more often.

Cheers, 2015. Let's make it a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment